Coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Code187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Tahoe LT 88,000 miles on her. Noticed a few drips on the garage floor towards the rear of the motor, put her up on ramps and looked everywhere for signs of a leak. Found none. Returned the truck back to the Chevy dealer and they claimed water pump and what i was seeing was blow back, replaced water pump under warranty. Mentioned again before the repair was done about coolant leaking from rear and they assured me it was blow back. I have had the truck back for 3 days and noticed again drips from the rear of the engine. Ive looked at heater hose connections, intake freeze plugs in the rear of the heads and everything is dry. Any insights as to were this could be leaking from?.. Are there any freeze plugs covered up by the transmission bell housing?.

OP
OP
C

Code187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats were it was at. facing the front of the motor right tee connection on the heater core. Ever had one of them off before?, i assume there is an o ring there. Please advise. Thanks.

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer should have them. If you can get them off without breaking them. You might be able to replace the orings. I struggled to get them off(and I specialize in cooling systems) and had to cut them off.

John

OP
OP
C

Code187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight John. I planned to cut them off with a Dremel and just replace them with a normal Tee and some hose. I believe that would make a better lasting repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035