Cost and prep for painting door moldings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to change my 07 tahoe to the door moldings from a 2010 LTZ with the chrome stip at the top. I ended up getting the 4 pieces from Nordstroms, but they didn't have white and I got a light grey color instead. I got them in today. They are new! look great I just have to have them color matched now. Mine is the standard 07 white paint "olympic white" I think it's called? I stopped by the local GM bodyshop and the guy quoted me $300 to paint all 4 pieces. Not mounted, just paint!

That seems high to me. What should I look to pay? It's just white and clearcoat I thought.

Next question, does the chrome strip need to be removed before they are painted or can it be? How does it come off if so?

Thanks everyone for looking at the post and helping.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats kinda high i will do them for 200 ship them to me and i will paint them for you, pm me if you interested

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats kinda high i will do them for 200 ship them to me and i will paint them for you, pm me if you interested

Where in Ga are you?

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the part #'s for the 4 moldings?

OP
OP
MDC9966

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont' have a part number for them but I just called Nordstroms salvage. I got the 2 for the rear, and they pulled 2 for a suburban fronts, it's the same. All were perfect just needed to paint them. Hopefully I'll get them to the paint shop this friday with my bumper insert and esky 3rd brake light. Sometime next week I hope to have it all on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate