couple quetion on tune up and some upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys i wanna change all the oil on my 03 yukon to synthetic and just wanted some opinions on what brand would be best royal purple or mobil 1?

also how much and what type will i need im planning on doing the trans, rear end , and transfer case?

also what are some good brands for gaskets and the filter? any additives or cleaners that i can use to get all the old oil out?

and whats a good method to fully drain the trans?

i know its alot of questions but i really appreaciate the help thanks

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Best oil, imo, is Mobil 1. Of you have an engine over 75k miles you might want to also consider Valvoline MaxLife. It's a blend of conventional and synthetic. With that stuff they'll even warranty your engine (if you enroll online before 125k). Best filter, imo, is Wix. How much and what type depends on your vehicle, engine, trans, and model year. Oil is either 5w30 or 10w30. Trans oil and amount depends on model year. It could be Dexron VI, or something older. Transfer case, off the top of my head, is GL4 or GL5. Don't quote me on that though. I'm not exactly sure, and I'm not in a position to look it up. I prefer Castrol Syntec or Valvoline Synthetic for that. Only way to drain fluid from trans its by dropping the trans pan from underneath. Only way to completely change the fluid is to do a flush. There is a write up on this forum for a DIY on that. Trans filter kit from AT should include a new gasket. Wix might also make a trans filter. Either way, I'd consider buying the filter separately and upgrading to a reusable rubber gasket if available. Other gaskets, if needed, I recommend Fel-Pro.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby