New and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that crap actually work?

I have yet to see anything in a bottle that actually fixes the kinds of problems that they claim to fix.

Bandaids on gun shot wounds.

(Disclosure: I didnt watch the video).

I've been watching him since the beginning of his lsa 3rd Gen build. he's good about showing his mistakes and failures. does do some DIY tranny rebuilds on his LT firebird swap and gmt800. showed what he did wrong. so I'm guessing this is a throw it in, see if it works on a auction truck he picked up that's going to get rebuilt at some point anyways.

i watched it but long ago enough I don't remember the details. I believe he's a diesel machine by trade.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've been watching him since the beginning of his lsa 3rd Gen build. he's good about showing his mistakes and failures. does do some DIY tranny rebuilds on his LT firebird swap and gmt800. showed what he did wrong. so I'm guessing this is a throw it in, see if it works on a auction truck he picked up that's going to get rebuilt at some point anyways.

i watched it but long ago enough I don't remember the details. I believe he's a diesel machine by trade.
His tuner is the guy who tuned my Tahoe.. They're actually friends. If I remember correctly--he's a mechanic for FedEx.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure the content creator is a good presenter who does solid work...My commentary is more about these 'transmission or engine fixes in a bottle' that these companies keep putting out there because people keep buying them...Tore a 4L60E down a month ago where a guy told me he used stop slip thinking it would fix his failing 3-4 clutch...Didn't make a bit of difference, he said.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I'm sure the content creator is a good presenter who does solid work...My commentary is more about these 'transmission or engine fixes in a bottle' that these companies keep putting out there because people keep buying them...Tore a 4L60E down a month ago where a guy told me he used stop slip thinking it would fix his failing 3-4 clutch...Didn't make a bit of difference, he said.
Sounds like you are the type of guy who wants to fix what is causing the problem - the best way to look at most problems not just mechanical issues. Some people think that cheap and quick is better way to “fix” problems. Those people sometimes get lucky but 99% of the time they end up spending more money and time learning the lesson of treating symptoms rather than fixing the cause of the symptom.

Just like buying the truck, if you got a “good deal” on that Tahoe maybe you got lucky! Sometimes the good deal is because it needed some work. Every truck, car or boat out there with lots of time and hours needs work lol !

OP
OP
J

JBSTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, are there any recommendations on what company to use for a remaned trans or a good torque converter someone could recommend? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, are there any recommendations on what company to use for a remaned trans or a good torque converter someone could recommend? Thanks
local guy is usually the best choice that way if you have any issue's you can just take it to them, I would say do not use the cheapest guy in town as there is usually a reason why it's so cheap (as in cut-corners, etc). if you want a nationwide warranty places like powertrain products and I think jasper also does nationwide, might be a couple other big name brands out there. if you want to save money and just get it going a to b then maybe slap a used one in there from a junkyard. the trick with getting one from a yard is get it from one that was crashed as it was most likely working when it happened.

OP
OP
J

JBSTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
local guy is usually the best choice that way if you have any issue's you can just take it to them, I would say do not use the cheapest guy in town as there is usually a reason why it's so cheap (as in cut-corners, etc). if you want a nationwide warranty places like powertrain products and I think jasper also does nationwide, might be a couple other big name brands out there. if you want to save money and just get it going a to b then maybe slap a used one in there from a junkyard. the trick with getting one from a yard is get it from one that was crashed as it was most likely working when it happened.
Thanks for the advice.