Cruise Control, Fog Lamps, now Cigarette Lighter not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05goatls2

Reaction score
Hello gents, my 93 Yukons cruise control does not work. It hasn't worked since I've bought it. The aftermarket fog lamps dont work either, and now the cigarette lighter has stopped working. I've checked all the fuses next to the steering wheel and had replaced a couple of open fuses but still no joy. Where should I look next? I'd hate to think there is a wire that is shorting somewhere

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Cruise Control on my 99 did not work when i bought it,After checking fuses and making sure i had power to the cruise module(switch turns power on/off)

It was the brake-light switch mounted on the upper part of the brake lever(brake lights worked) the switch was like 10 bux and a few more for the retainer(wi
tch you must replace)

Last edited:
OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score

Sorry for no updates fellas. Still have no joy when it comes to my electrical. I think for my cruise control, it probably is the module. I'll just replace that first. If I can isolate the CCM out of the loop. The cigarette lighter has funky electrical connector that comes loose if you turn the plug slightly, so I'm thinking a zip tie should solve that problem. The rear windshield wiper motor may be going bad because it's not coming on at all. As far as the fog lights, I think if I do some wire tracing I can find the source of why they aren't coming on. (I'm thinking some ghetto rigging).

The power locks are the issues really bothering me. I have a system in the truck and I run an increased risk of getting robbed. I've replaced the driver's side switch and it still seems like it's getting very little juice. Any thoughts? :Boo:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
give your electrical connections a good cleaning and look over each fuse for corrosion for some preventive maintenance. Do the same for grounds too. That CCM is going to cost a pretty penny. you can get new cig sockets and wire pigtails if you like. the locks can get slow as the get old or in extremes changes in temperature. Is this all the locks at the same time? in the meantime I will look over your diagrams today and see if I can't find a common link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk morgan