Cycling noise in right rear quarter panel (pass side)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

177mph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon SLT and over the past few (very cold) days there has been a rhythmic noise coming from the passengers side cargo area. It occurs every 2 seconds and repeats over and over. SOund like a whoosh of air and a squeek (cant make this stuff up). I have everything turned off and it still happens (no heat on, stereo, etc). Anyone know what component is tucked away back there that might be causing this?

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Your rear heat/AC unit in in that rear passenger side panel. My Tahoe makes some noise from that area in the morning when its <25% degrees out. Make sure that your overhead heating controls and rear seat controls are turned off, or the sound will come from the heater working

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing in my 04. its constant and sounds like a squeaky wheel going round and round.

OP
OP

177mph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rear heat/AC unit in in that rear passenger side panel. My Tahoe makes some noise from that area in the morning when its <25% degrees out. Make sure that your overhead heating controls and rear seat controls are turned off, or the sound will come from the heater working

My rear heat is totally off when this is happening. Its a squeek like a wheel as the other poster said. very strange...

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i had the same thing awhile back. i took off the panel trying to see what it could be, but never found anything. Put everything back together and I never heard it again. knock on wood.

suppersz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't mean to put up old post, but i just bought an 03 z71 and im having the same problem around the rear driver side. wanna take it to a mechanic to take off the wheel, hoping it's nothing major.

scott11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue. 2004 Z71 tahoe. It started a few weeks ago, and has gotten worse. I am in AZ so it doesn't get much below 50 here now, and the issue is ongoing in 75 degree weather. I took the panel off and the sound is coming out of the vent. Not sure if this is a cooling/heating vent, but all my A/C/Heat is turned off and the noise continues. The noise changes is I move the vent around, I got it to stop of a minute by wedging a rag against the vent to prevent vibration, but it just came back.

Any ideas? I cant stand this noise, it is so loud when driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou