Dark Argent Fender Flare Oxidation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JagerFast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jesus, Thanks, what about the texture change? It is a rougher texture in the affected areas... if you click on the photos after you have opened them it zooms in a little more and gives you a closer look at the change in texture. Can that be sanded smooth or will simply re-spraying it smooth it out? thx for all your helpful comments and suggestions.. appreciate it!

OP
OP
J

JagerFast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, Thanks Kris. Its great (not great that you had to deal with it) to know others have had a similar experience. Appreciate you sharing it with me. Cheers! I dig your mean looking sport!!

Jim

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim.

I've had the flares painted.....twice over the last 12 years. Bed liner is next for mine

OP
OP
J

JagerFast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you repaint the grill/bumper and any other "dark argent" ext trim pieces as well? Your wheels are "dark argent" too, right?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a thought but wouldnt a good color match work? and just tape up the truck and wheels real well? i know it seems redneck and all but if you took your time and painted it in short burst to prevent any run i dont see why they wouldnt come out good just my 02 cents:think:

OP
OP
J

JagerFast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don, Are you suggesting, to tape off the fenders, sand the fenders smooth in place, prime and paint/just paint /or just touch-up paint? thx

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well assuming there is no major pitting or bubbling involved yea just a over spray, just seems like alot of work IMO because to do one you might as well do all or one is gunna look better then the rest , with the proper prep with a dremel polisher to remove all the built up grime and alcohol to prep i dont see why not?

i have not personally painted these "foam" flares but someone with a little more knowledge maybe bowtie can chime in to confirm if this is even doable

OP
OP
J

JagerFast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am pretty OCD and the flare that is the worst has some significant pitting, so it definitely will need to be sanded smooth. I am open to all suggestions but will certainly take it to a couple shops and see how much they would want to fix it and weigh the cost against touching it up myself(considering the time it will probably take me to do an acceptable job seeing that I am OCD like that) LOL. Thanks Donovan

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no problem yea im that way too most of the time get it done right the first time , just didnt know the condition of the flare , make sure to post pics when finished :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou