Dash Repair kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to repair the interior? I have a couple of small spots where the paint came off. My interior is in excellent shape except these spots in the grey and shale colored areas, can't justify replacing parts.
Thanks

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody has repaired their dash?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only real thing to do is to repaint your dash with some SEM paint. they make colors to match OEM.

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which parts of the interior? I'm assuming plastic parts not vinyl or leather.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which parts of the interior? I'm assuming plastic parts not vinyl or leather.

Glove box (beige color) and where the passenger dash handle is (grey color).

JohnnyHollywood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time actually posting here... been doing a lot of reading as of late. I recently bought some SEM for my dash as it was starting to come off like so many others. USE CAUTION
the original finish will lift. My first attempt failed due to the lifting. I bought some stripper for plastics... yeah, not safe for this plastic. Second attempt failed. I ended up getting some micro fiber suede and covering it. Looks great. If you attempt to paint it, be careful :emotions122:

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I settled on just fixing 1 spot, the worst spot. It is a 3" streak of black on the gray area of the dash and really bothers me. Still not sure what to use. Autozone has a cheap kit that I might try....

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that is a vinyl repair kit. that is for fixing leather seats. not plastic dash parts.

First time actually posting here... been doing a lot of reading as of late. I recently bought some SEM for my dash as it was starting to come off like so many others. USE CAUTION
the original finish will lift. My first attempt failed due to the lifting. I bought some stripper for plastics... yeah, not safe for this plastic. Second attempt failed. I ended up getting some micro fiber suede and covering it. Looks great. If you attempt to paint it, be careful :emotions122:

just have to make sure you do correctly. should have done research before buying it and figuring out you didn't have the skills or ability to do it

JohnnyHollywood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just have to make sure you do correctly. should have done research before buying it and figuring out you didn't have the skills or ability to do it

I've been painting cars for 17 years... I've done all the research I need. Your input was unnecessary and uncalled for. I was simply giving someone a heads up. Every scenario is different, but I guess you are Mr. Perfect and Murphy's Law does not apply to you. :flipthebird:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555