Dashboard Gauge Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Just recently two of my white LEDs in the dash started flickering. When the regular bulbs were in they never flickered b4. Is anyone else experiencing this after swapping in 194 LEDs?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy ya'll,

I just bought a 2002 tahoe and jut joined your forum. Anyways, for the leds i went onto superbrightleds.com and am looking at all their stuff. The have a couple of different wled s they have a 1 and a 4. Obviously the 4 is going to be brigter but is it too bright. The other thing i was noticing is that the 1 has a wider angle, would this give the cluster a more uniform lighting?

Personally, I would go with the 194 WLED-x-x LED bulbs with the 120 degree angle.
194WLED-x-xLEDbulb.jpg

Those are what I did in my old 2001 Tahoe and it was very uniform, not too bright, and no dim spots.

Just recently two of my white LEDs in the dash started flickering. When the regular bulbs were in they never flickered b4. Is anyone else experiencing this after swapping in 194 LEDs?

That means the LEDs are going bad. Need new ones.

Last edited:

Chev4Ev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NathanJax did those just plug right in or did you need anything else besides the bulbs?

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you get get Red LEDs to put in there? (to match my red 'hoe:) but wouldnt match my deck's lights... but who cares) RED Lights?

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
What I have been trying to find is how many LEDs the cluster would take. I am considering just buying a whole bunch of them to do this, but if I could find a number count that would be helpful. I also am going to go red (big shocker there), fortunately my HU also has red lighting so it will match. I am going to do the A/C controls, etc as well. I assume that they are also plug in play for the 01's like the dash unit is?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you get get Red LEDs to put in there? (to match my red 'hoe:) but wouldnt match my deck's lights... but who cares) RED Lights?

yes, an color they make will work

What I have been trying to find is how many LEDs the cluster would take. I am considering just buying a whole bunch of them to do this, but if I could find a number count that would be helpful. I also am going to go red (big shocker there), fortunately my HU also has red lighting so it will match. I am going to do the A/C controls, etc as well. I assume that they are also plug in play for the 01's like the dash unit is?

6 bulbs for the cluster for sure. And I'm not sure about the a/c, but I think they are soldered. only before 99's were twistlock a/c's and such... i think...

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C unit has 2.

Correction:

2 per side, so 4 total. This is for the manual control. Don't know about the auto.

Last edited:

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Anybody have any pictures of their dash (04+) after they've soldered LEDs in with resistors?

I'm getting antsy and I think i'm gonna give it a try lol, hope I don't ruin the guage board lol

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any pictures of their dash (04+) after they've soldered LEDs in with resistors?

I'm getting antsy and I think i'm gonna give it a try lol, hope I don't ruin the guage board lol

if my leds and resistors ever get here from japan, i'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou