Dashtop and Dash/Console trim paint - Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

81X11

Reaction score
Hello again all. Like most of these trucks I have a small spot in the upper dash near the passenger grab handle where the grey paint has come off and you see black below it. I also have the usual Denali wear on the textured grey trim around the cupholders on the console.

SO my question is had anyone had any luck touching these areas up? If so, how and with what? The rest of my interior is gorgeous, and these two spots take away from how pretty the inside is.

I'm about to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some grey paint and fine brushes and try to hide this, but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
Just a bump here. Nobody has an ideas here on repairing this? I have the wear here. Looking for repair ideas...or at least away to hide this mess a bit...

MartyMoose019.gif

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Go to CarID.com they have a dash kit that covers the whole instrument panel and center console with the gray wood looking pattern. The dash kit is applied with 3M adhesive and t looks so classy because the whole dash and console look like gray wood. I believe it is $165. Th factory paint is just so soft, there's no sense in touching it up.

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 -- I'd love to see photos of what this does on the gray interior.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEM makes paint that matches your grey. Check local paint store or get color chart off their website

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 for SEM

I did my dash just yesterday... color match isn't 100% but really really close - I'm hoping that the color will match better over time as is common with paint in general