Dashtop and Dash/Console trim paint - Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't get it: The factory paint wears off, I assumed because the substrate is so pliable. Don't you expect the SEM paint to do the same?

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With my dash it wasn't "wearing off" but more like "chipping off"... if you read the instructions for the SEM paint they tell you to use an adhesion promotor as prep... I bought it but didn't use it since I only had small chips but when I was cleaning up the chips for paint I could peel away the old paint in strips - so I suspect that they are right about the adhesion issue.

For "pliable" surfaces like vinvyl and rubber, SEM sells a different paint line that is flexible - I believe they call it a dye but when I played with it, it behaved more like a rubber-like coating once applied - but I could see how it would work well on flexible surfaces.

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assume SEM has this for the tan interior also? mine is also "chipping" away right around the grab handle.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might mention this is Dupli-Color Dark Shadow Gray, available from places like Auto Zone, not SEM paint. It matches real well although I recommend stripping all the pieces and repainting them all so they match perfect. I realize this an old thread but it's being linked in a current thread so I thought I'd update it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts