Daylight Running Lamps - Different Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That did not last long. :-(

How about trying some cree leds like this. They say they are 25 watts!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Xenon-Whi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item460b6d0d94&vxp=mtr

Not happy at all !!!!!!!!!!

One of the bulbs I installed like what, ....... 2weeks ago is already a GONER.

The other bulb is still working, but one of the LED's on the side/around the side is no longer working as well.

I think I will just go back to the stock bulbs, as exchanging LED's every other week seems a bit too costly.

I will try to contact the eBay seller and see if they will replace or exchange the bulb.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!! :-(

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Major bummer to hear this...especially since the lights were so costly. I'm pretty paranoid about CREE's because they need to be cooled well, so I'm a bit apprehensive about putting CREE's in a DRL or turning signal housings. It looks like the ebay seller is ' elitemailers' and this is their store: http://stores.ebay.com/elitemailers

I'm going to avoid anything from them until I hear your feedback on how well they work with you on the light failure. Please let us know if they work with you for a return or exchange.

Not happy at all !!!!!!!!!!

One of the bulbs I installed like what, ....... 2weeks ago is already a GONER.

The other bulb is still working, but one of the LED's on the side/around the side is no longer working as well.

I think I will just go back to the stock bulbs, as exchanging LED's every other week seems a bit too costly.

I will try to contact the eBay seller and see if they will replace or exchange the bulb.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!! :-(

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

We actually have the 50 Watt Cree Bulbs over at HIDGuy.

http://www.hidguy.net/r-tech-3156-3157-4157-t25-50-watt-cree-projector-lens-high-power-led-bulb/

I can get you more photos of the bulb if you guys like. But where as the bulbs you guys picked up only has one cree chip in the head ours have 2 and its double the wattage.

i got these in my reverse lights. paid 40 bucks for them. at a local shop

a4edwin, how are *these* double-CREE bulbs working out for you? It looks like one of the other bulbs that the thread owner bought from ebay died. I'm really looking to do this mod, but I want to make sure I can find some good quality lights to use.

Dante@HIDGuy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Major bummer to hear this...especially since the lights were so costly. I'm pretty paranoid about CREE's because they need to be cooled well, so I'm a bit apprehensive about putting CREE's in a DRL or turning signal housings. It looks like the ebay seller is ' elitemailers' and this is their store: http://stores.ebay.com/elitemailers

I'm going to avoid anything from them until I hear your feedback on how well they work with you on the light failure. Please let us know if they work with you for a return or exchange.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

a4edwin, how are *these* double-CREE bulbs working out for you? It looks like one of the other bulbs that the thread owner bought from ebay died. I'm really looking to do this mod, but I want to make sure I can find some good quality lights to use.

Ours are actually a lot different then the ones that were bought from EBay. Cree Set up is different. Also keep in mind that heat are LED chips kryptonite. Cree LED's can with stand the heat a little bit better. But the quality of the Cree chip is crucial in these situations.

03Yuk0n

Reaction score
Hey guys, I dont mean to hijack your thread JochenWoern, but i got a quick question related to these leds. I wanted to know are you able to put leds into the reverse lights on the stock tailights and get a greater light output?
Thanks

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I dont mean to hijack your thread JochenWoern, but i got a quick question related to these leds. I wanted to know are you able to put leds into the reverse lights on the stock tailights and get a greater light output?
Thanks

I assume YES, as I am running X3 Tails, which have the same reverse set up as the stock tails and I put LED Reverse Lights in mine.