Dealer had my 24 Yukon painted without my permission.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our 24 Denali went in to the dealer to replace a tail light because it was cracked and needed some paint correction done on a very bad stain on the driver side quarter. After no communication whatsoever they tried to give it back to me with the paint issue unresolved or even touched. After a discussion with a manager they sent it to detail and attempted, but could not fix it. I was told it was being sent to autobody shop to have cut and buffed. Without our permission they just refinished the entire panel. I only found this out because I had to locate my car and call the body shop myself. It’s sterling silver, silver is tough to match and if I had known I would have declined. Well car gets “finished” and we drive the 2 hours to dealership to pick it up. It was very apparent that the panel did not match and corners were cut. It’s been over a month now that it’s been with the dealer/shop and we haven’t even owned it two months. Am I crazy for not accepting this or for asking them to buy it back and replace it???
I don't think you understand the paint repair process. You can't just spot fix paint. It will be as obvious as slapping some nail polish on the place that needs to be repaired. The paint code should have matched, however. Tell the dealership that you expect it to be repaired correctly. You won't get a buy back at the price you paid. Not for that. It decreased in value the moment you took ownership. Especially if this was avoidable damage in the first place.

realz69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with by Chevy dealer, I had a Camaro that they failed to paint the spoiler completely. They tried several times to repaint spoiler to match the body and failed , then they decided to paint the car from the doors back to match the spoiler. I complained to sales manager, owner to get no help. Then I called GM direct and got a hold of a rep and he arranged for a new Camaro to replace mine. Do not stop complaining find someone up the ladder. My car was 2 weeks old when they depreciated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71