Dealer(s) selling at MSRP in Southeast US?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw they lowered their discounts on their website for incoming units. I called my sales guy who was formally the general manager and is now the internet manager and asked about our quoted price from November and was told he was honoring it. My Yukon is being built this week and I should have a final buyers order once it is built. I will report back when I get it.

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered last week and was told it was 9% off msrp. I don’t have anything in writing though.

How long did yours take?

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 11/16. TPW 2/7. Ordered diesel so was on constraint stop for about 4 weeks.

Reaction score
Rivertown GMC in Columbus, GA. Ask for Tim.

Also John Thorton GMC in Carrollton, GA and John Thorton Chevy in Lithia Springs, GA

jeremy7001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, Do you know of dealers anywhere in the Souteast US (From New Orleans, LA to Orlando, FL up to Myrtle Beach, SC across to Charlotte, NC who are accepting orders for Tahoes or Yukons at MSRP? Thanks.
Yes, The dealership in Athens Georgia will sell at MSRP if you order from them

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Well, given that GM just announced in their shareholder's call they expect to increase production to near capacity in the 2nd half of the year I'm thinking a wait-and-see strategy may be in order. Ramped up production and inventory buildup by dealers could bring selling prices down; unless there's a huge pent up demand. I'll need to think about that a bit.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota said the same thing 2 months ago and just recently slashed production output. That was before the waste Gate fiasco parked hundreds of new Toyota's with a stop sale order.

Sounds way too optimistic to me.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Toyota said the same thing 2 months ago and just recently slashed production output. That was before the waste Gate fiasco parked hundreds of new Toyota's with a stop sale order.

Sounds way too optimistic to me.
The context of the statement is significant. From what I read it appears GM made the production increase announcement during a stockholders conference call. Purposely supplying incorrect and/or misleading information to stockholders is a violation of federal securities exchange law. I grant, given the unpredictable impact COVID has had in the past, it is possible unforeseeable future events could prevent GM from meeting their predicted production goal. But, any GM executive (I believe it was the CEO who made the production assessment in the conference call) would be foolhardy at best and criminally reckless at worst to purposely make misleading, or even unsubstantiated claims to shareholders about production goals which may directly impact stock values and earnings. Therefore, I am inclined to accept the announcement as an honest effort on their part to predict production levels for the second half of 2022.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut