Dealer Service History - Would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The 10Sp have a know issue mysteriously shifting that can not be reproduced. Is it commanded by the TCU for an unknown reason or a fault? You won’t know unless you drive it with a service tech with you and he’s wired into the truck watching it live when it happens.

Looks like a lot of SW updates and missed recalls by the last owner. Get an extended factory warranty and enjoy the truck knowing the dealer will charge owners without a warranty $250 hour plus parts.

MikeBoom

Reaction score
I wouldn’t necessarily be worried about the oil changes not being documented in the GM system. I’m a prime example of someone whose vehicle wouldn’t show dealership oil changes. It’s a two-hour round trip to my dealer, so I instead use a local service facility, exceeding the factory recommendations (more frequent changes). I do keep all those receipts.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Based on all the posts you've posted on this truck coupled with that service history, I wouldn't buy that truck. But that's just my opinion and I am probably on the upper scale of OCD so take that for what it's worth.
Pretty much my opinion too. First oil change at 7000 miles ? New vehicle schedule might be that but I think first should be at 1000 miles and second way before 7k but that’s just me.

Also a lot of trim issues and a couple electrical gremlins that dealer couldn’t produce?

Too suspicious for me.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I wouldn’t necessarily be worried about the oil changes not being documented in the GM system. I’m a prime example of someone whose vehicle wouldn’t show dealership oil changes. It’s a two-hour round trip to my dealer, so I instead use a local service facility, exceeding the factory recommendations (more frequent changes). I do keep all those receipts.
This is very true but with new vehicle and warranty unless truck was owned by a mechanic or DIY owner I dunno
Also the fact that it has a few “fail to reproduce” issues my impression is it is not a mechanic owned truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms