Dealership Issue (Roof Rack Key)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm wondering who makes the blanks for these keys -- got a source and blank #?

Steven_z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
86797471 this is the part number for the replacement keys ..make sure to specify what lock number you have when ordering

TheFlyingWookiee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off thanks for everyone on this forum for the help. Steven, I’ve given the part number for just the key, but they say it’s tied to J03, and I am needing J10. Any idea what the part number is for that key?

I’ve been dealing with multiple dealers on trying to get a key, but none of them have the right type key. I’ve tried part number 84835038, which I’m told is a luck of the draw on what key it is. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

hmahajan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just heard back from GM after telling them to call the dealership that the prior posted mentioned who knows how to order a key. They are only selling the following 4 keys at this time: J03, J06, J08, and J10

The part number is 86797471 and the dealer needs to specify what key you want -- hopefully one of the 4 listed above.

I had to talk to GM for 2 months to get them to figure out how to do this and it resulted in them having to all Chris Garner at John Heister Chevrolet in Lillington, NC -- if your local dealership cannot get you a key then you should call Chris Garner as he seems to be one of the few dealers around who knows how to get these keys. Even GM corporate did not know how and had to call Chris per the prior poster's info to solve it. GM corporate told me they are going to get this information to the dealerships so no one else will have to go through this hassle.

John Heister Chevy: (910) 376-8262

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patricktooth