Debadged, but now what...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnypets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just recently debadged my Black 2009 SLT and now have a shadowy/hazey kind of outline that shows in certain light and angles. I used the fishing line method with some Goof Off to remove the remaining residue, and I though I was being very careful. Can I fix this or is it something I need to have done by a professional.
I love the look of my truck being debadged, but seems kinda bush-league with the shadowing.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

JP

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a light buffing compound and hit it with an orbital buffer should come right off

OP
OP
J

Johnnypets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
get a light buffing compound and hit it with an orbital buffer should come right off

OK, I'll give it a try. Can you recommend a goo compound to use?
Not too experienced with that.
I'll try and get some pic's up when it's all done.

JP

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used meguiers scratch remover, it was about 5 or 6 dollars and it came in like a black and red squeeze bootle. Good luck, remember light pressure pressing the buffer up agianst the truck.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Considering its summer and black, I would find a good detailer and buff out and polish the paint. That will take care of the shadowing and make your ride look good for the rest of the summer as well as protect it this coming winter.:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Johnnypets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll give it a try myself, then if I can't get things cleaned up I'll take it to the professionals! :waytogo:

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it shouldnt be hard, just make sure you dont press too much pressure on the orbitar buffer because thats how the circles are usually made.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JP -- Assuming you just debadged, it may take a little time (and direct sunlight) to blend.

I de-BSM'ed my Z06 (it's yellow), and I had what we on the Corvette Forum call "ghost lines" where the BSMs were. It took a couple washes, a couple polishes, and time in the sun before the paint that had been hidden from the light and elements and polish caught up with the rest of the paint. I'd imagine it'll be the same way with your truck.

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bro i debadged mine last week and got rid of the shadowing today and the badges are from 2008. I just hit it with some x scratch remover with the orbital buffer LIGHTLY and then waxed out that whole area let it sit for about 30 and then removed the wax u cant even tell it was ever there at any angle or sunlight. Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Johnnypets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shoot, I hate to sound like I can't handle this on my own, but I think I might let a pro do it. The whole truck needs to be detailed anyway. I'm afraid I'm gonna get in over my head and end up with big "good" spots all over my truck. Gettin' the badging off was one thing, but this situation is something I will leave to a guy good with a buffing wheel.
Funny, I don't recall having this problem when I debadged my TBSS.
Thanks for all of the good advise, boys, but I'm gonna turn it over to a pro.

JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e

Latest posts