Denali foglight options

Which replacements?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some opinions here. I have had HIDs in my foglights for a bout 4 years and they have melted lens. It was a point where it didnt bother me muhch, but more recently it has become something that needs to be fixed. The passenger side has cracked and water is getting in. I need opinions on what to do. Here is what i have found:

What mine look like:
20120812_151109.jpg

20120812_151112.jpg

OEM: (which will eventually do the same thing and melt)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOG-LIGHT-P...li&hash=item2ec0efd4aa&vxp=mtr#ht_2442wt_1271
$(KGrHqN,!osF!K8cQjHBBQJkw+N8JQ~~60_3.jpg

Ebay projectors: (wouldn't wire up the gay halos, but worried the projetor pattern would suck)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-YUKON...li&hash=item19d420110d&vxp=mtr#ht_3532wt_1271

$(KGrHqR,!oQF!Ky,SC0jBQJCYODJ+Q~~60_3.jpg

Blinglights: (glass lens) (Hard to mount mounting system from what i have read)
http://www.blinglights.org/products...mps-Angel-Eyes-Bumper-Driving-Lights-Kit.html

I guess my fourth otion is to get OEMs and put in LEDs but I really love the functionality of my 3k HIDs in bad weather and dont want to give that up. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'm about to order another set of oem fogs, **** aftermarket lights :imo:

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was leaning towards but I don't want to have to replace them again down the road. Mine have looked like shit for years just never did anything about it

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Just keep buying oem, I don't think there is anything better. I'm about to install some stock tails or something close so I stop being harassed. Denali is the top of professional grade son, our trucks deserve better than that cheap ass ebay halo shit.

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, it seems like the way to go, but just exploring my options. I wish there was like a way to recess the bulb further back or get a different bulb that wouldn't melt the housings

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with the OEM. Haven't had any issues with my housings(yet). I've only been running them for just under a year. I was thinking about changing color to 3000K because after I got my retro back my new lights don't match the fogs...... How do you like the yellow color for inclement weather(fog,snow,rain,etc.) ?

And please no halos :D

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input man. To answer your question, I love the 3k fogs. I had 6k before them, but like you my lows dont match anymore so I switched. They make such a difference in snow and are awesome in the winter. In rain, not so much, but in fog still help more than the 6k did. And they are bright enough that they can still be used as driving lights without low beam, although I always drive with my low beams anyway. lol. Hope this helps

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input man. To answer your question, I love the 3k fogs. I had 6k before them, but like you my lows dont match anymore so I switched. They make such a difference in snow and are awesome in the winter. In rain, not so much, but in fog still help more than the 6k did. And they are bright enough that they can still be used as driving lights without low beam, although I always drive with my low beams anyway. lol. Hope this helps

Yes it helps and makes sense too.

:Handshake:

nhoj_yelbom

Reaction score
check out hid planet forums, there was someone selling ford fusion foglights "yes ford lol" that are adjustable and have a beam and cutoff like the morimoto mini h1's. i may get some for my denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian