Denali ordering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do dealers already have allocation for 2022 yet? I placed a deposit for the order but if they don’t have any allocation and they keep me waiting for 2 months I don’t think that’s fair. The sales person told me that the order has already been preliminary accepted by GM. Now that it can possibly be a 2022 I am probably going to be hit with a price increase. I mentioned to my sales man that since they didn’t have allocation for 2021 and now it has rolled over to 2022 it has to be re-entered. He said that’s what his sales manager thinks and they are going to contact the GM rep and let me know. I just think it’s very misleading to tell me that they have allocation and the order was preliminary accepted to find out that it’s something else
2022 orders don’t start until October 4, I doubt anyone has any allocations for 2022. Orders for 2021 end next week. Unfortunately you probably have to wait for a 22’. I would keep the deposit with your dealer if you like them and say u want their first 2022 allocation for order.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
2022 orders don’t start until October 4, I doubt anyone has any allocations for 2022. Orders for 2021 end next week. Unfortunately you probably have to wait for a 22’. I would keep the deposit with your dealer if you like them and say u want their first 2022 allocation for order.
Wow that a big surprise. Honestly I guess it isn’t. I knew they turn over date was coming soon. Super helpful information though. Thank you

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Found out yeaterday that the Dealership i have been working with (metro detroit) has been taking orders for the 21's and turning it into a "pre-ordered" list for the 22s, due to microchip constraints. Said they are going to place the orders in the system accordingly the first week of August when the books open up for orders. They are anticipating first rigs to arrive between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with the denalis taking precedence first of the order builds.

Kind of disappointed my salesmen didn't call me to inform me this earlier, after I told him back in March I am going to wait til the 22s due to it being a first year model and with the pandemic/shortages/issues, it just made more sense to hold off a little bit. I get it with the amount of people wanting these rigs, that they aren't able to follow up with everybody accordingly. I am just hoping they get these damn chips, and start easing the constraints.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
Found out yeaterday that the Dealership i have been working with (metro detroit) has been taking orders for the 21's and turning it into a "pre-ordered" list for the 22s, due to microchip constraints. Said they are going to place the orders in the system accordingly the first week of August when the books open up for orders. They are anticipating first rigs to arrive between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with the denalis taking precedence first of the order builds.

Kind of disappointed my salesmen didn't call me to inform me this earlier, after I told him back in March I am going to wait til the 22s due to it being a first year model and with the pandemic/shortages/issues, it just made more sense to hold off a little bit. I get it with the amount of people wanting these rigs, that they aren't able to follow up with everybody accordingly. I am just hoping they get these damn chips, and start easing the constraints.
Wow that crazy. It’s so hard to trust what the sales people actually know to be true. My sales man just told me that next week they are turning in the orders for the 2022’s. It’s frustrating for sure. I feel at this rate it’s going to take another 6 months for any new orders haha

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do dealers already have allocation for 2022 yet? I placed a deposit for the order but if they don’t have any allocation and they keep me waiting for 2 months I don’t think that’s fair. The sales person told me that the order has already been preliminary accepted by GM. Now that it can possibly be a 2022 I am probably going to be hit with a price increase. I mentioned to my sales man that since they didn’t have allocation for 2021 and now it has rolled over to 2022 it has to be re-entered. He said that’s what his sales manager thinks and they are going to contact the GM rep and let me know. I just think it’s very misleading to tell me that they have allocation and the order was preliminary accepted to find out that it’s something else
Order Bank is scheduled to open August 12 for MY2022. First allocation will follow a few days later. Start of Production is scheduled for October 4.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the more reason to snag a 21 if you can. All the same issues will exist with 22's. Chip shortage, Option omissions and packages you can't order, plus as expected, you are going to pay more for it with no essential changes.... And that's assuming the lifter issue had been solved...

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the more reason to snag a 21 if you can. All the same issues will exist with 22's. Chip shortage, Option omissions and packages you can't order, plus as expected, you are going to pay more for it with no essential changes.... And that's assuming the lifter issue had been solved...
Agreed, seems more recently it’s gotten bad again with chips. Local parts factories shutting down/working less days. They will continue to take off simple options to save 2,3,4 chips per vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1