Denali pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sold my Toyota Tundra expectedly yesterday and am now scrambling to nail down a deal on a new Yukon. I am looking at well optioned SLT or Denali and am working hard to stay at or just under 60k plus TTL. The rear entertainment isn't important to us (just use iPads in the family these days), so I could save a bit there but all the SLTs and Denali seem to come with it. I can get an SLT into my price range, but struggling on the Denali.

There are some good deals locally on Denalis right now (mid 60s before any negotiation) and Laura GMC seems to be at about the same price (mid 60s). I've seen a ton of posts about Laura, but after looking on the website, they're pricing is right inline with the local shops.

I'd really like the 6.2 and mag ride. Is there a chance in hell that I can find a deal closer to 60?

scott6760

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's at Laura right now, but when I bought mine last month at Laura GMC they had several on the lot for $60,995. They had the open road package but not much else.

I ended up getting a program car with about 3k miles. It had everything but the 22's. Sticker was $75,075 and I got it for $62.5 ish. So about $12.5 off sticker.

Their prices really are accurate. The only thing they add is a $169 doc fee and $10 for a temp tag to drive out of state. They even picked me up at the airport in a brand new sierra Denali.

My only complaint is they screwed a tag bracket into the front bumper, but my state doesn't require a front tag. And they did a terrible job detailing it, but I had an 800 mile drive home and was in a hurry to get on the road so I let it go and detailed it myself the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info, Scott... are those Denali numbers you quoted?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems there are folks getting up to 20% off MSRP on 2016's....IMHO, the engine and transmission upgrade are completely worth it. Mag suspension sucks though.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems there are folks getting up to 20% off MSRP on 2016's....IMHO, the engine and transmission upgrade are completely worth it. Mag suspension sucks though.

Thanks... what are the issues with mag ride? Felt slightly smoother to me when I test drove each.

scott6760

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info, Scott... are those Denali numbers you quoted?

Those were all Denali numbers.

The engine is a HUGE upgrade. I'm coming out of a '13 Tahoe and it's night and day. The trans shifts smoother too aside from some occasional low speed clunking/hunting.

I don't have any complaints with the magnetic ride so far.

4wd works too...fbf62a200c72717d4750b94313967b35.jpg

GingerJay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those were all Denali numbers.

The engine is a HUGE upgrade. I'm coming out of a '13 Tahoe and it's night and day. The trans shifts smoother too aside from some occasional low speed clunking/hunting.

I don't have any complaints with the magnetic ride so far.

4wd works too...fbf62a200c72717d4750b94313967b35.jpg

Wow! Great picture! And gorgeous ride.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... what are the issues with mag ride? Felt slightly smoother to me when I test drove each.

I just found it much rougher than the Tahoe. Could also be the tire setup. I had to special order my Denali so as not to have the 22's. Even now I keep my psi to around 32. Anything above that and the ride is insufferable.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Called and visited a few shops today. One local shop had a '16 Denali in the right color with every option I needed EXCEPT adaptive cruise, which I definitely want for the longer road trips. Between that and the lane keep assist, I'm hoping to get some good shut eye while driving. ;-)

Also, spoke with a very helpful sales rep at Laura. They clearly know their stuff, but have already moved out the 2016's.

Seems like the changes of getting into a Denali near 60 are not good.... not sure what other avenues to explore.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just when I thought the prospects were dim. Found a loaded Denali in the right color with the right options. Demo car with $7k miles being sold as new. $78k MSRP and going to see if I can pull off something close to $60k. Listed at $64,500 currently. Has pretty much every option except rear seat entertainment, which we didn't need anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonduck