diagnos no sound out of drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnb21

Reaction score
So I removed the BOSE door speaker and tested with a 9v battery and seems to react fine. I also tested the impedance and noticed it to be 2 ohms. I tested the wire with a volt meter and got .02 amps and essentially no voltage reading....(maybe didn't do it right).
Anyway. The tweeter on the drivers side appears to be working. So I thought it might be the driver, but now I am thinking somehow it might be the crossover. Is there a crossover per side or did BOSE bury it in the amp?

Just install a new deck, and maybe I have a bad interface module RadioPro 5 or the deck itself Pioneer AVH-x3600bhs.

btw, after testing the radio the 1st time and noticed the driver's sider door driver wasn't working, I removed the radio and tested the continuity of the soldered wires of the left front speaker wires. Everything was good.

Again, is there a crossover in the dash that could of gone bad? There appears to be nothing in the door but the speaker.

Thanks All!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

So I removed the BOSE door speaker and tested with a 9v battery and seems to react fine. I also tested the impedance and noticed it to be 2 ohms. I tested the wire with a volt meter and got .02 amps and essentially no voltage reading....(maybe didn't do it right).
Anyway. The tweeter on the drivers side appears to be working. So I thought it might be the driver, but now I am thinking somehow it might be the crossover. Is there a crossover per side or did BOSE bury it in the amp?

Just install a new deck, and maybe I have a bad interface module RadioPro 5 or the deck itself Pioneer AVH-x3600bhs.

btw, after testing the radio the 1st time and noticed the driver's sider door driver wasn't working, I removed the radio and tested the continuity of the soldered wires of the left front speaker wires. Everything was good.

Again, is there a crossover in the dash that could of gone bad? There appears to be nothing in the door but the speaker.

Thanks All!

oh, one other thing, the contacts on the speaker and wires appear to be clean, even then so, I cleaned them again with a small brush and wire contact cleaner.

Litning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
swap left to rights speakers, that will help diagnose your issue,. I have the same issue with my tahoe. I swapped left for right and the problem followed the speaker. I bypassed the plug and hooked wires to another speaker and it works fine. I am just going to replace them

OP
OP
J

Johnb21

Reaction score
well..spoke with Crutchfield and they told me the crossovers are within the amp. They suggested I uninstall the radio and swap l to r on the front to determine if it is the deck/pr5 or Bose amp.

Oh deary....not up for this, as I made all my solder joints clean and shrink tuebed...

Any other opinons are appreciated.

Litning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
again, swap the speakers... physically swap them and test them

Litning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Test the free things first before throwing parts at a problem. I had the same problem you are describing. The speakers all LOOKED good, but there was a problem with the connection itself. Instead of trying to fix a poor connection I chose to upgrade.

To verify the wiring/amp was good, I swapped speakers left to right (took them out of the doors and physically moved them) and the problem followed the speaker. I then took the known good speaker and using a length of wire I bypassed the connector itself and went from the terminals on the speaker to inside the connecter (harness side) and the speaker worked.

I hate to see people throw money away without actually diagnosing problems. Making a blanket statement that the amp is bad is not correct.

Just my 2 cents, buy a new amp if you wish, but that may not fix your problem. It's your money

OP
OP
J

Johnb21

Reaction score
Test the free things first before throwing parts at a problem. I had the same problem you are describing. The speakers all LOOKED good, but there was a problem with the connection itself. Instead of trying to fix a poor connection I chose to upgrade.

To verify the wiring/amp was good, I swapped speakers left to right (took them out of the doors and physically moved them) and the problem followed the speaker. I then took the known good speaker and using a length of wire I bypassed the connector itself and went from the terminals on the speaker to inside the connecter (harness side) and the speaker worked.

I hate to see people throw money away without actually diagnosing problems. Making a blanket statement that the amp is bad is not correct.

Just my 2 cents, buy a new amp if you wish, but that may not fix your problem. It's your money

Sorry for the delay with an update. So I swapped the driver's side speaker to the passenger and it didn't work. So I put the passenger side speaker into the driver's door and it didn't work! What?? I say to myself. Then I start to wiggle the wires a bit and after about 15min of messing around I get both speakers working!
Ok, so I will clean the terminals and use some dielectric grease to be sure. (btw - I noticed no corrosion anywhere on the speaker connectors). Well got them to both work, but they clip out every now and then. So strange...going to need to rewire the connections, but I am perplexed as to why the work randomly when the connections look like they are in great shape. Any how, just wanted to share that it didn't appear to be a problem with the BOSE amp. Thanks for forcing me to preform the speaker swap test!!

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My amp WAS bad I was having the same problem until I bypassed the bose amp and installed new speakers and amp...So yeah I'm speaking from time wasted dealing with a crappie amp.:chair:

David24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Where did you connect it to? To another speaker? And should i use a T tap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliffdale3208