DIC lights no longer turning on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all :hmmm2:

My, 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT 75k miles, DIC (Driver Information Center Lights) on the dash have suddenly stopped turning on. Nothing is visible such as the Average Economy, fuel used, etc. Going to the right of the dash where my gear indicators are is extremely dim but can be seen with low light. It did this once before but came back on after a few days and worked for about a week.

My question is there a fuse I can change out for this that could rectify the problem? And if so what would it be labeled? I saw one inside the truck label DDM (15v) I changed out with no luck.

Thanks!:party52:

JeGMWD8.jpg

62IKlWp.jpg

Last edited:

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure about these trucks but sometimes the cluster will go out if there's a problem with the brake lights

OP
OP
Damien1990

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I tapped on the dashboard, and the lights all came back on lol.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a loose connector to the cluster. Or, one of the wires in said connector is loose. Or, a pin is backing it's way out.

OP
OP
Damien1990

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I tapped on the dashboard, and the lights all came back on lol.

Sounds like a loose connector to the cluster. Or, one of the wires in said connector is loose. Or, a pin is backing it's way out.

So its no longer turning on again, and tapping the dash no longer works :poker:

Does anyone have a write up on the cluster behind the dash?

khaleej

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, the problem is the instrument cluster .
I had seen many instrument panels going bad.
But one of my friend took the instrument panel to an electronic Hardware shop.
They just reattached the IC and it began to work.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Damien1990,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your Driver Information Center on your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for advice to resolve this issue yourself. I might not be able to provide you any technical support but I would be happy to look into this concern. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968