Difference with part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techiedork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 Yukon XL that needs a new column shift assembly. I originally replaced it with a Dorman part, but the quality on that part is junk. I tried 2 different ones and each one had a different problem. First one, the shifting was sloppy (didn't settle into a gear without having to jiggle the shift lever). The second one felt the same way, but also, it would allow you to turn off the car and remove the key while the transmission was shifted into DRIVE. Soooo, I am replacing it with an OEM part.

On the Dorman website, though, it lists 3 different part numbers as direct OE cross numbers. It says that their part number (905-120) is compatible with all three of the following GM parts: 19149553, 19180082 and 26092432

I am a bit confused, though, because according to my VIN, only 19180082 is compatible, but the prices are all significantly different. Does anyone have any suggestions here? I am wondering if the only difference is the design of the shift handle that I believe is included with all three part numbers. I don't need a replacement shift handle, so if that is the only difference, I would rather save $40 and get the cheapest one of the three.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
David

OP
OP
T

techiedork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the Dorman part works with all three, and if I don't need the shift lever (I am assuming that the shift assembly is the same, but only the shift lever is different), should I be OK going with any one of those part numbers? I would rather pay $66 than $113 if possible!

Thanks,
David

OP
OP
T

techiedork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you...yes, I had looked at those before. Each one is called something different and some say with tilt and some without. But again, since they are all direct fits with the same dorman part, I am thinking the mechanism is the same and only the external trim pieces are different?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are different parts in one assembly if I am thinking correctly. Not sure. You may try and contact them directly and ask.
Well, the first 2 look the same, the third is different.

OP
OP
T

techiedork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I ordered the first one (the least expensive). If the only difference is the shift handle, then I am good to go. Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou