What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow the things you find begin other mechanics.

if the squeal comes back after they bed back in. gm made these things to stop the rear brake noise. I used them on mine and they worked well.

this might not be the correct ones, I got mine off rock auto and would have to look it up. but just for pics. one on each calipers, stud replaces the lower caliper bolt and this damped screws on.

coluccim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new member. This place is an amazing resource.

I just came home with a Silver 2011 Tahoe LT 4wd yesterday. Today the first project was installing an Android based stereo head unit.

I have my doubts on these things in general but I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Things weren’t perfect, but after a bit of googling and changes made to the backend software, it seems to be working great. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prepared(sanded) new rotors and got ready to install them with new pads because my rear brakes have been sqeaky.
Found the previous mech installed both inside pads on one side and both outside pads on the other.

View attachment 438712

The outside pads have a rivet, which interfered with the piston, denting it and when I pryed the caliper off, it tore off some part of the stainless? cap.

View attachment 438713

Ripped the stray metal off the piston and pushed the edges down.
Pads had 50%+ so I sanded the old rotors as well and reinstalled old pads in correct locations.
Couldn't see any taper on the old pads, for now they are quiet again.
Probably the raised edge on the rotor doing the squeaking is my guess..

Saving the new pads/rotors for the AXN axle swap instead..
wth? not sure how that is even possible they won't fit the wrong side, well maybe if you forced it somehow I guess

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the front seats torn up? That perforated leather is terrible.
Just the bottoms but I ordered replacement leather to fix it. It was only 2500 wasn't expecting much honestly lol but it runs great and the dash isn't cracked up. Only 135k mileage and not accidents according to carfax