Dimensions of fuel pump motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helpful to know... I suppose I could replace the lines, however,I took them all apart and blew them out. Couldn't find any restrictions, kinks, etc.

Not sure, maybe, blowing compressed air through them wasn't very conclusive?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Fuel Pump. If a visual inspection of fuel lines showed no "tightened outer radius" from being overbent usually around gas tank or fuel filter area, then your blow thru was sucessful.
Parts in the last 15-20 years are stupidly complex-and changing weekly. Why should there be 28-35 fuel pumps for your year tahoe? Depending on configuration? Old days was big block/ Small block. Try a Big engine fuel pump even if it is chineezium. $40 and a few hours will answer many questions. With a pressure gage connected. The computers are capable of alot of tuning to keep it running.
Just figure on having to replace pump again.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh super cool. I didn't think to check what the big block pump was.

I also had a friend who built the trucks for GM recommend a different pressure regulator.

I like the line theory but nearly certain I have no blockage.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my next step is to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I think perhaps with an aftermarket pump I'll need one of those regardless. I did one on my LT1 built years ago and was a piece of cake, cause if memory serves me right it was inline with the fuel line just before the rail. This truck rail has the regulator is integrated in the fuel rail, and NOT the line. So I have no clue how to adapt and or modify the rail to hold one. Anybody know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crow