Do led front turn signals need resistors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are four wires going to it what colors are the positive neg

Take a test light and find the ground and the flashing positive. That's the ones you want to connect them to.

wht06shee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to run a resistor for my turn signals, when I tried without resistors it did the hyper flash, but yes as mentioned above, it goes on - and +, I can't remember colors right now, but I wanna say the + was blue wire or a green, I can't think of the color off the top of my head.

NyCzFiNeSt1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i to purchased Putco 3157 running/ blinker led lamps for my '12 yukon denali, after install that night i noticed hyper flash on my mirrors and in the lamps themselves, kind of an eye sore, so i ripped them out and returned them the next day, rather then installing the resistors, shame cuz i really liked the light and color they gave. i should have just did the resistors.. =/

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea resistors are easy. Go from positive to ground and tie strap them to the metal light adjustment rod. They heat up so don't strap them to any wiring. That metal rod works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555