Do LED's just burn out or do they

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
I noticed one of my LED's for the license plate is flickering like a strobe light at a disco. I fricked around with the connection and nothing changed, I may try to swap them around to see if it does it in another socket, Just didnt feel like crawling underneith today

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they just woun't light up (burn out), guess they give you a warning signal first then.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
yeah on my pass. side headlight, 2 of the 3 blue led's are out. They flickered for about 3 days then nothing.

I'll be mad if i lose a single LED on my tails... that's pretty noticable

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
yeah i had the same problem on my license plate light (driver side) freaking flickering like disco lights finally it gave out, also today my RDL gave out also **** , now i need to buy a few extra set of LED'S annoying.. /rant

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
My license plate ones have done that before too and I swapped them out and they have been good ever since.
On cluster of my reverse light drivers side LEDs did that too then just gave up.
If any of them give up again i'm going back to regual bulbs, the more LEDs any of those bulbs have, the less they do this crap.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering the life span of most LED's (25k up to 100k hours), and factoring in the un-dimmable nature of LED's without a PWM circuit, it sounds to me more like there's a loss of current somewhere. I'd check the wiring before the actual bulb, but that might be apparent after you try swapping them out.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
this shit happed after changing out my dash to all leds. Now i put back in the factory bulbs and no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Footankleg