Do yellow fogs really work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new fog lights yesterday, and they came with bulbs that aren't yellow...so I consider them "driving lights" instead of fogs. What do you guys think, should I get yellow bulbs? Does yellow actually cut through fog?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them for looks

Don't know if they really work

Some people say they do....... so say they dont

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had 3000K fogs before-they were OK-showed up pretty well especially in snowy conditions. I like the look of matching better so I have some 6000K led fogs right now-my low beam retro throws off so much light that the fogs aren't really necessary....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow makes a huge difference in fog and snow, but otherwise in every day use they just look good in my opinion. In fog I cant run running lights at all but fogs help a ton to cut through the fog to see the road!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reason fog lights are mounted low is to undercut the fog and light some of the road surface up. if you put too bright of light in your fogs you will end up with more glare from fog, just like you have from your low beams. Yellow does work the best in foggy conditions. Ever driven in the San Joaquin Valley in CA when it's been foggy?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Yellow really does cut through fog and rain and snow and dust. Where white will reflect back at you. True fog lights are one of three colors Red, Yellow, Green, being as though red is illegal to the front and so is green in most states that leaves yellow.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm gonna pick up some yellow bulbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus