does not hold wiper fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these truck know for the wiper fluid reservoir to crack or would it more be ones of the motors leaking?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is long gone, froze up once and busted it. good thing because they are cheap on Amazon, Dorman has a replacement for under $25

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaks pretty good as well. Rarely use it anyway, makes the windshield just as nasty anyway. For that reason I haven't cared to try and fix it.

Interesting that apparently this is a common issue :p

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. Mine was leaking last summer so I replaced it.

However, I think one can just not expect moren than 8-10 years out of a plastic reservoir which is exposed to the harsh environment, hot/cold, salt, etc. On my wife's BMW it needed replacement as well after 8 years and believe me, it is a lot easier to change on our trucks than on a BMW.

I purchased a new reservoir from Rock Auto and changing it was not difficult at all.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaks horribly also, I just leave it empty

ROCK AUTO, ........ Not too expensive and replacement is fairly easy. All you need to do is remove the battery and tray in order to get to it.

However, ensure that it is not one of your pumps that is leaking. After I replaced my reservoir I still had a leak and it was one of my pumps. ROCK AUTO again, removed new reservoir and replaced BOTH pumps. ........ NOT FOR PUNISHMENT, JUST FOR PRACTICE. :)

OP
OP
W

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am about to do it. All parts from rock auto, I bought the resivour and both motors.

OP
OP
W

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed it all! works great! I bought everything from rockauto.

no leaks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus