Dome and Map lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdcornhoolio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Yukon Denali AWD:
My dome and map lights stopped working when any of the doors open, and also do not respond to the dimmer top position. They DO turn on manually, so I know they function.

Additional observation: the courtesy lights on the bottom of the doors continue to turn on and off with the door action.

I suspect the BCM. About a month ago my dash went crazy for about half an hour. Possibly not a coincidence?

Advice will be appreciated.
Also, is it true a replacement BCM needs some kind of authorization?

Attachments

• 20240604_193631.jpg
    20240604_193631.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I would not automatically jump to the conclusion that the BCM is the source of the issue. Try removing the negative battery terminal wire and let the truck sit for 5 minutes, and re-connect.

Other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

If the BCM ultimately needs replacement, the new one needs to be programmed to your truck's VIN.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
under the light switch is a small round button. push it in one time. lights should come back to life. its a master on - off for them lights. ive got mine turned off.

OP
OP
M

Mdcornhoolio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I would not automatically jump to the conclusion that the BCM is the source of the issue. Try removing the negative battery terminal wire and let the truck sit for 5 minutes, and re-connect.

Other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

If the BCM ultimately needs replacement, the new one needs to be programmed to your

under the light switch is a small round button. push it in one time. lights should come back to life. its a master on - off for them lights. ive got mine turned off.
Thanks Scottydoggs. I tried the button. No improvement. ~Thx

OP
OP
M

Mdcornhoolio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

If the BCM ultimately needs replacement, the new one needs to be programmed to your truck's VIN.
Thanks Joseph. I tried the battery trick. No avail. Follow-up question: what happens if the BCM is not programmed or bought used from another truck?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe you just got a blown fuse. theres two fuse boxes. one under the hood and one on the d/s of the dash.

as far as a bcm swap they need to be vin matched to work as far as i know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya