Door Lock Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im also curious about this. Sometimes the doors will only unlock halfway and other times the drivers door will unlock but the passenger wont. Any idea what might cause these problems. It happens whether i use the inside locks or the remote.

Mine does this too, BUT my passenger window won't roll all the way down either. If the window is half way down the door won't even lock or unlock, so I guess it's all related. After I tackle my more important issues I'll prolly address it. Until then I'll just keep locking it by hand..

99tallhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the same problem in my tahoe and my yukon. both the same year. its only when its hot ouside though.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm haveing the same issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually if I shut the door too hard. If I just hit the side of the dash where the fuse panel is, it will work. What a pain!

jason daniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so my door locks don't work new window switch and new power door lock relay on my 97 tahoe there is 1 hot wire at the relay none of the other wires do anything been with the button being pushed

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Ok so my door locks don't work new window switch and new power door lock relay on my 97 tahoe there is 1 hot wire at the relay none of the other wires do anything been with the button being pushed

have you tested the locks with a test lead to make sure the actuators work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachawn213