Driver side power seat adjust stopped working - issue identified/resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guruvy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LTZ driver side seat power adjust stopped going backward half way, would move forward, and then stopped going back entirely. Took the seat out with the idea I would figure out how to manually reset the rails to fit my wife. I noticed the rail adjust screws were out of sync. Resetting and putting back in the car worked for a few times back and forth until it got stuck again. I noticed the track frame was warped, and the adjust screws were out of sync, again. Moving the rails I noticed one had some give/movement where the other did not. Looking closer at the mount the screw passes through I saw some of the plastic was broken. Presumably, some of the teeth inside are warn/broken, so the adjust screw was skipping allowing the rail to get out of sync causing the track assembly to warp, thus getting stuck. The temp fix, here, was just to remove the bad mount screw housing circled in the attached pic. This works fine on one adjust screw, but presume too heavy of a person might be too much load, eventually, but this solves the issue until I can find a replacement part. I don’t know what this part is called, and likely will have to buy an entire assembly to replace, or use for parts, but I figured this might help someone with similar issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 4

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Thank you for posting your issue and your temporary fix. Go to GMPartsDdirect.com and enter your VIN. Then, go to the Interior section and look for an exploded parts diagram of your seat adjusting hardware. You may find that you do not need to replace the entire assembly, and the parts prices will be significantly cheaper that the local dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369