Driver Side Power Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxVet33

Reaction score
Good morning I have a 2019 GMC Yukon XL SLT, for at least a year the driver window which used to have the auto up feature, works when it wants to in Auto UP. I still have the auto down function, but now I have to hold the button until closed from window control, sometimes. Sometimes it works as it should, but other times I have to hold the switch in the UP to roll window up.
The passenger side control functions in both Auto up and down, as it should.
It's very "American" for me to ask/complain about this issue, even my local dealership 'can't duplicate' the problem...

I said all this to ask, "is there a reset or relearn procedure for the driver windows switches?"

Thx

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as I already stated, GDS2 or perhaps a another high end scanner can re calibrate the windows
dealer can do It, but it's probably in the range of $180

OP
OP
TxVet33

TxVet33

Reaction score
as I already stated, GDS2 or perhaps a another high end scanner can re calibrate the windows
dealer can do It, but it's probably in the range of $180
I've been to dealer 2 times "could not duplicate" was their answer....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to dealer 2 times "could not duplicate" was their answer....
so that tells me the window performed the auto up for them as designed? but won't for you even in the service drive in front of there face?
sometimes you have to be specific with them. "customer request's driver front window re-calibration, window does not auto-up"

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for the help kind Sirs, Both Fless & Wes.
good luck, if the procedure in the manual doesn't work I would go back to the dealer with the specific request I noted above.
worst case scenario would probably be a issue with the window motor it's self, for instance if it detects too much force while operating it may think a hand is in the window or something to that effect. the front windows on the K2's are finicky enough already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24