Drivers door door pop, how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r33pwrd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well title says it all.. I have greased the small wheel and it helps for a few weeks but I am tired of doing that and its only getting worse. It appears the wheel does not turn than "slides" causing the sound.

I can find lots of hinge rebuild kits but nothing that shows that wheel being replaced without going OEM (major pain in the butt I would think)

Any ideas? Thank you

2007 Yukon Denali

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Well title says it all.. I have greased the small wheel and it helps for a few weeks but I am tired of doing that and its only getting worse. It appears the wheel does not turn than "slides" causing the sound.

I can find lots of hinge rebuild kits but nothing that shows that wheel being replaced without going OEM (major pain in the butt I would think)

Any ideas? Thank you

2007 Yukon Denali

several posts on this within the past 2 weeks. 1 of which was mine. The part you are looking for is called a door check strap. 30 on ebay, 50 at parts stores

OP
OP
R

r33pwrd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
several posts on this within the past 2 weeks. 1 of which was mine. The part you are looking for is called a door check strap. 30 on ebay, 50 at parts stores

I did look around on here but did not see anything... so many sections I was not sure what one to even look in.

FYI my 2007 does NOT have a strap...

jasonconway5

Reaction score
again, DOOR CHECK STRAP. go to advanced auto parts, doorman, auto zone, dealer. all have the same name for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells