Driver's side tail lights very dim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way to work this morning, I noticed that my turn signal indicator in the instrument cluster, front turn signal and drivers side mirror turn signal were flashing fast. I figured that meant the bulbs were bad in the back. At lunch I replaced both of the bulbs for the brakes/turn signal, turned the truck on and they were dim - you can barely tell they're on. Basically, replacing the bulbs didn't do ****. Any ideas? Thanks!

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Said !@#$ it and took it to the dealership - only out $100. They said that the Junction Block was flooded. Isn't this located under the dash close to the fuses? I drove the truck through a car wash on Saturday. Some birds crapped all over my truck on Sunday, so I drove it through another car wash. What scares me now is that I've got a leak somewhere that is getting water into the interior somehow. :mad:

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
said !@#$ it and took it to the dealership - only out $100. They said that the junction block was flooded. Isn't this located under the dash close to the fuses? I drove the truck through a car wash on saturday. Some birds crapped all over my truck on sunday, so i drove it through another car wash. What scares me now is that i've got a leak somewhere that is getting water into the interior somehow. :mad:

ouch!

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water---I WIN ;)

Glad you got it fixed.....

Yeah, you were right lol - Yeah, I'm happy I got it fixed - it was bugging the crap out of me. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I'd rather just drop it off and let somebody else figure out the problem.

escahoe07

Reaction score
So the repair was a total of $100? I have my park light (outer row) on my left esky tail light very dim, I have replaced it already and it is still the same....after reading this I'm wondering if it could be the same box

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the repair was a total of $100? I have my park light (outer row) on my left esky tail light very dim, I have replaced it already and it is still the same....after reading this I'm wondering if it could be the same box

It only cost me $100 b/c of the extended warranty. It would have been $206 something without it.