Electrical bugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDpride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2001 Yukon and have been experiencing some strange electrical problems. 1) low beam headlights don't work but high beams and running lights do 2) hazzard lights don't work 3) power door locks only work intermittently ie...when I first start the vehicle they will not operate. Once the vehicle has been running for about 30 minutes or so, they will work. 4) drivers side power windows operate, passenger side windows and sun roof do not. There were a few days here in ND where the temp was -30 suddenly the right side windows and sunroof decided to work. 5) the radio will turn off and on intermittently. Not just the sound, it will lose power to the head unit entirely, strangely enough, the clock and preprogrammed stations stay programmed. I have inspected all the fuses under the hood, inside the cab, i removed the bcm opened it up to inspect terminals for wear or cracks that may need resoldered. Nothing seems to eleviate the problem. Please help.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2001 Yukon and have been experiencing some strange electrical problems. 1) low beam headlights don't work but high beams and running lights do 2) hazzard lights don't work 3) power door locks only work intermittently ie...when I first start the vehicle they will not operate. Once the vehicle has been running for about 30 minutes or so, they will work. 4) drivers side power windows operate, passenger side windows and sun roof do not. There were a few days here in ND where the temp was -30 suddenly the right side windows and sunroof decided to work. 5) the radio will turn off and on intermittently. Not just the sound, it will lose power to the head unit entirely, strangely enough, the clock and preprogrammed stations stay programmed. I have inspected all the fuses under the hood, inside the cab, i removed the bcm opened it up to inspect terminals for wear or cracks that may need resoldered. Nothing seems to eleviate the problem. Please help.
On the newer body style 2007 I had similar issues it was a mega fuse mounted on passenger side fire wall cleaned it up problems went away I don’t know if 2001 has this

Whatgives

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where exactly is this mega fuse??? I have a 2008 yukon xl denali with a few electrical problems. Primary problem is the low beams do not work but the high beams do. It also shuts down when in the rain. O have checked the Low Beam fuses and the relay, and tested the bulbs, all good. Where is the mega fuse exactly. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith