Engine failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s great, but only for this latest issue of oversized lifter bores. What about all of the folks who’ve had bearing failures or collapsed AFM lifters?
lol, Gm doesn't have enough money to replace every engine out there, all I said was gm is replacimg engines too

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM doesn't have enough money to replace every engine out there ...
Of course GM has enough money - their profit margins on each suv & pickup truck sold are more than enough to replace each of those engines, even if they're replacing them for free.

GM isn't losing money here, there just making less profit than originally projected.
That's what they get for trying too hard to save money on engine manufacture.

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, but again, under warranty only. TSB’s don’t apply to vehicles out of warranty. So if the engine croaks at 60,001 miles, you’re SOL.
When did not covering tsb's outside of warranty change?

When my 07 pontiac started leaking gas from above the fuel tank (6-8 years ago) I found a tsb on it. Called the gm dealer close to me. I've never purchased a vehicle or had any type of work there done. They confirmed it was the part involved in the tsb that was leaking and fixed it for free. I'd have to dig through my paperwork on it but it was out of warranty by years and mileage.

UnhappyCamper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 with the 6.2, changed the oil every 4500 miles, at 27000 the motor blew a 1000ilesnfrom home while on vacation. Lifters went, dealership replaced the lifters in both banks, the tech at the dealer went to test drive after the repair and the mains blew out 2 miles from the dealership. Didn't have the truck for a month, ( had to wait for a motor for replacement, and there were other vehicles sitting there ahead of me, waiting for the same thing ). GM was useless, the dealership was great, but GM was horrible. Lost 4 days of vacation, my case worker was horrible, and GM was kind enough to use a remanufactured motor, didn't replace with a new one, and didn't offer to extend warranty on it. So it has the remainder of the original motors warranty, and from reading other posts I may have the same issue again.
Let me guess, your rep at GM was Meghan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts