Engine mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckwild27

Reaction score
Have any of you tried these?

OP
OP
BattleTank

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
2 hours start to finish.

You 2wd folk have it easy compared to 4wd. Can't just go up underneath and get the engine bolts out.

Friend at work has done a few of these and advised removing front wheel and splash shield.

Tools used, 2 6 inch extensions, 15MM, a Snap-On sparkplug ratchet, 3/8" wobble adapter, 10mm to remove the manifold heat shield. Ended up taking the mount apart before getting it across the frame rail. Had to disassemble new one to get it inside the frame rail and then reassemble it.

Last feller was correct. 3 beer job.

And it was 104 outside while I was doing it, then it got to 111.

OP
OP
BattleTank

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
Have any of you tried these?
I forgot you posted this...
Interesting, they resemble the mounts in my S10 V8 swap.

OP
OP
BattleTank

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
They look pretty solid. And they have a lifetime Guarantee. They remind me of the old school motor mounts from the 70's
Yeah they do. The first ones I got for my swap which looked real cheesey looking only lasted about 3 months(excessive launches) So I got the solid ones and have held up for the last 8 years.

buckwild27

Reaction score
Yeah they do. The first ones I got for my swap which looked real cheesey looking only lasted about 3 months(excessive launches) So I got the solid ones and have held up for the last 8 years.
I was thinking of trying these mounts in my truck in the future

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you BOTH. THIS information should be stickied!

I love how labor time is expressed in the number of beers it takes.

It's very arbitrary. When I did my mounts, I drank three beers with a bucket of tools in one hand while I stared at my Yukon, thinking about how much I didn't want to pull the tire and fender liner out.

I have a drinking skill though, so it's all relative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409