Engine stalled, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
When my pump was going out it would start stall then die then I had to restart it and I could drive then.. Also the needle would go nuts then new pump and problem solved:)

OP
OP
yukonese

yukonese

Reaction score
Thanks for the experience sharing, I'll try it next time (hope it is not happening too soon), save me $300.
I just refueled the tank 1 mile before the pump went bad. I guess it would be very heavy with 26 gallon gas in there. At least the shop I went put every drop back. The dealer who replaced my leaky tank when it's new vaporized 1/3 of the tank.

AppleJuz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It might be a bad fuel pump. I also suggest changing to a Magnaflow Car Catalytic Converter Accessories just to be on the safe side as it could've gotten some damage when the fuel pump went bad/dead. I'm an old guy and my methods may be a little high on the cost, but I dislike having anymore difficulties in the near future.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
For now ignore the 0420 code unless it comes back after erasing it. It is likely a reactionary response to the sudden leaned out condition of low fuel pressure. It created a gaseous anomaly in the exhaust system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065