Error codes help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oak51

Reaction score
My check engine light came on the other day and I got these codes: Evaporative Vent control circuit P0446, Left wheel speed sensor C0035. Does anyone know what these codes mean and how easy of a fix they might be? 07 Tahoe LS SSV package.

quickhorse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The PO446 can be either the gas cap is loose/bad, etc or the solenoid behind the throttle body under the plastic engine cover needs replaced. I've got the same problem right now. I'm going to buy both.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

The wheel sensor might be bad or needs recalibrated for the other code.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My check engine light came on the other day and I got these codes: Evaporative Vent control circuit P0446, Left wheel speed sensor C0035. Does anyone know what these codes mean and how easy of a fix they might be? 07 Tahoe LS SSV package.

Oak51,

The P0446 is for the evaporative emissions vent system performance, plausibility of excess amounts of vacuum developed in the EVAP system. The C0035 is for the left front wheel speed sensor circuit, plausibility failure.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PO446 can be either the gas cap is loose/bad, etc or the solenoid behind the throttle body under the plastic engine cover needs replaced. I've got the same problem right now. I'm going to buy both.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

The wheel sensor might be bad or needs recalibrated for the other code.

I got the P0446 code before too, and it was the valve/solenoid. I think the odds that it's the gas cap being screwed on incorrectly or having gone bad are not good at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1