escalade or denali chrome roof rack...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashresqguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MDTAHOE

How did you get the Chrome end caps on your roof rack,, is there a specialized part number for these?

I was going to use the rail kit part number posted by KMeloney but I believe it comes with black end caps and chrome side rail.

Your solid chrome rail looks waaaaay better.

Thanks for your help

orby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have all the part numbers at work from when I ordered mine. I will post them Monday if you need them still. 700.00 is way too much I paid right around 3 from the dealer but I get wholesale prices.

I have looked everywhere for a forum enrty about this exact project. Can you tell me EXACTLY what to order and what kind of modification is required to transform my 2008 Chevy Tahoe's black plastic luggage side rails to the ones you have on yours? I intend on keeping the black cross rails. Thank you.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for a forum enrty about this exact project. Can you tell me EXACTLY what to order and what kind of modification is required to transform my 2008 Chevy Tahoe's black plastic luggage side rails to the ones you have on yours? I intend on keeping the black cross rails. Thank you.

Ok, I see this was your first post.... But didn't you read the posts above with the EXACT part numbers?

orby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I see this was your first post.... But didn't you read the posts above with the EXACT part numbers?

Well, I see that there are different options. I have seen some rails that show a lot more painted surface . I haven't seen MDTahoe's specific pieces on a Tahoe or a Cadillac for that matter. That is why I am wondering if the picture is at an angle that makes it look like a full chrome side rail, or if it really is a full chrome look. If it is, I will go with his option versus the kit option. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I see that there are different options. I have seen some rails that show a lot more painted surface . I haven't seen MDTahoe's specific pieces on a Tahoe or a Cadillac for that matter. That is why I am wondering if the picture is at an angle that makes it look like a full chrome side rail, or if it really is a full chrome look. If it is, I will go with his option versus the kit option. Thanks for the help.

Ah. No, it's just the way the picture was taken that makes it look all chrome (that, and the fact that his truck is a light color). There is no all-chrome option. Those end pieces are the same across the board. They come as unpainted, gray plastic. They need to be painted to match your truck.

I suppose you could have them "chromed" like the rest of the plastic chrome pieces on the truck, but I don't know who can do that.

The only optional pieces are the cross rails (the two pieces that span the width of the roof). Otherwise, you need all of the other pieces listed.

orby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah. No, it's just the way the picture was taken that makes it look all chrome (that, and the fact that his truck is a light color). There is no all-chrome option. Those end pieces are the same across the board. They come as unpainted, gray plastic. They need to be painted to match your truck.

I suppose you could have them "chromed" like the rest of the plastic chrome pieces on the truck, but I don't know who can do that.

The only optional pieces are the cross rails (the two pieces that span the width of the roof). Otherwise, you need all of the other pieces listed.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the advice.

ladot56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anybody know if you can use an 04 escalade roof rack on a 09 tahoe?