Escalade Rear Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comerz1

Reaction score
Tried doing a search but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for, hoping you guys can guide me here.

I have read where some of you have replaced your rear glass with esky pieces. Can someone explain the differences? I have tried to look at pictures on line, and once you guys point it out I know I will have the ah-ha moment, but at this time it eludes me. Is it just smoother? Slicker? Cleaner? what gives with this mod and is it a direct replacement for the yukon glass?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Direct replacement. Newer Escalade glass doesnt have a gasket around the border and has a different handle that looks much cleaner. The 3rd brake light is huge and illuminates all the way across. Looks great when you color match the brake light housing and your appliques (pieces on either side of the back glass, ie: your D-pillar.

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
Thanks to you both for your responses! Yes, yes now I see it. Ok, so next question, how big of a deal is it to convert to the esky third brake light? I somewhat like that look, but not sure on the color of my denali.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the switch is so that they can run the esky third brake light.

^ +1

I did not want to change the glass, but liked the color matched rear. I therefore simply installed color matched Escalde Rear Vent Covers/Appliques and I color matched my third brake light cover, .... See pic.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=2776&pictureid=20423

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Thanks to you both for your responses! Yes, yes now I see it. Ok, so next question, how big of a deal is it to convert to the esky third brake light? I somewhat like that look, but not sure on the color of my denali.

Pull the color code for your truck from the sticker in the glove compartment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
^ +1

Pull the color code for your truck from the sticker in the glove compartment.

Thank you for the picture, that is a perfect angle to show the difference.

When I said I didn't know about the color of my rig, I meant I didn't know how it would look on my rig's color. I'm a painter (actually restore classics), very familiar with paint codes but thank you for the info, I should have clarified better! But yes this is a very nice modification.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so next question, how big of a deal is it to convert to the esky third brake light?

The reason for needing the back glass is because the mounting points for the 3rd brake light are different on the Tahoe/Yukon back glass vs. the Esky. The 3rd brake light assembly has mounting points with screws or nuts and then 3M adhesive along the edge. Some say you could get away with just doing the 3M tape all around (because it holds really well) but most people find the entire back glass assembly and just change it out-that is a direct swap. And if you change to the Esky brake light-get the rear appliques to match the contour of the 3rd brake light. Those are also a direct swap.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the picture, that is a perfect angle to show the difference.

When I said I didn't know about the color of my rig, I meant I didn't know how it would look on my rig's color. I'm a painter (actually restore classics), very familiar with paint codes but thank you for the info, I should have clarified better! But yes this is a very nice modification.

Thank you very much for the kuddos regarding my mod. :)

Sorry for misunderstanding your question about color.

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the kuddos regarding my mod. :)

Sorry for misunderstanding your question about color.

Yes sir, that changes the entire look of her rear end! I can't wait to do this and the esky roof rack. Bought a set of NNBS Denali wheels today, think that little addition alone will completely change the look of this beast.

No need for sorry's with me, I was not offended in the least, just clarifying my original comment. :happy107:

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, that changes the entire look of her rear end! I can't wait to do this and the esky roof rack. Bought a set of NNBS Denali wheels today, think that little addition alone will completely change the look of this beast.

No need for sorry's with me, I was not offended in the least, just clarifying my original comment. :happy107:

Post some pics of your truck. We all enjoy pics of our rides.