Excessive window fog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibbynd

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the side windows excessively fogging in cold temps? I'm trying a bunch of different HVAC settings and nothing really seams to work. 2021 suburban.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s odd. Haven’t had that issue with my ‘21 Tahoe. I live in Iowa and it recently turned pretty cold. No fogging issues.

I think a few others posted on here about some water under the drivers side floor mat area…not sure if that’s from the AC condenser but if there’s excessive moisture inside maybe check that area and some of the other areas around the rear hatch to make sure water isn’t leaking in. I haven’t experienced either of those issues myself.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the side windows excessively fogging in cold temps? I'm trying a bunch of different HVAC settings and nothing really seams to work. 2021 suburban.
Are the roof vents pointed at them? When it is cool and damp outside, the windows will fog up in recirculation mode. Put in Defog or Defrost or turn off recirc to clear the glass.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A wild possibility, but check your antifreeze to see if it's staying up to the correct level. Heater cores can go bad.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our '21 yukon xl fogs up terrible with anymore than a couple people inside. The roof vents are not placed well IMO, they cannot even really blow on the windows. It takes quite a while and a lot of heat on high to get them under control. Was fighting it bad the other weekend driving in the rain with 6 people in the car, it sucked.

We did however experience a water leak already (2000 miles on a $80k rig with an absolutely soaked driver floorboard, thanks GM) so that probably played a part in the excessive fogging. According to the service department that did the warranty work we were "missing" part of the sunroof drain tube and water was coming back into the vehicle when driving instead of draining outside like it was supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19