Leaving Ford Expedition Behind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to towing, is there any advantage or disadvantage between 20" & 22" wheels?
Both my previous expedition and current Yukon have 22’s. Had no issues with regards to tires when it comes to towing.

Don’t let wheels determine your purchase. Pick up the spec you want and the decide whether or not you need to change out the wheels.

Rick10Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe extended warranties are a waste of money and nearly all profit to the seller. Buy a car well cared for and you will have few issues.

NELLY1947

Reaction score
I am looking at the 2021-2022 Yukon/Tahoe Durmax models to move from my 2019 Expedition 4x4 XLT. I need more towing power with better mileage.
I bought my 2019 Expy with 50k miles and bought the 5y 60k mile extended warranty from a Ford dealer in Lombard Connecticut at a steep discount.
Beside the lack or power (5k Towing) I am also am tired of the horrendous Ford Dealers in my area (S Austin TX). That and with the problems I have been having with only 100k miles I have lost my confidence in the truck.

I am still searching for a Duramax equipped 2021-2022 4x4 with all the trailering options, and the 60/40 2nd AND 3rd row seats. I am hoping this will be my retirement truck. I usually drive my vehicles till the wheels are ready to fall off.

I am primarily looking for recommendations for extended warranty providers for the used GMC/Chevy options I can find, but would also like to hear opinions on anything else (longevity/problems with electronics, experience towing 25-30ft trailer trailers, etc). I have been a Ford guys since Highschool (Street racing 1970 Ford F100 w/429 Big Block in high school) and feel like I am cheating on my wife, but it turns out my wife was not what I expected and it is a toxic relationship.

I always had a secret crush on 60's Camaros
Just buy the correct size the 250 or 350. I fad a 2016 Duramax 350 and loved it. I towed a 40' 19000lb 5th wheel. When we sold the RV no need for the 350. As for warranty get the dealer /GM warranty. That way u can go anywhere. I have it on the Yukon now. u can get it on a used unit as long as u get it inspected. And its under 50k i think

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The extended warr and service contracts are as good as the admin that overseas them.

Not sure who had teeth in overseeing them in TX but in Cali there’s now zero tolerance for not abiding by the contract.

The two s/c and one CPO warr I’ve had paid for more than the purchase price of the vehicle. The one I’ve sold after the extensive s/c work was manna from heaven for its new owner.

Run the tires off that new diesel when you get it. Ask a local dealership sales guy to find your preowned truck. Try and pre-buy a lifetime oil change contract and laugh all the way to the bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM