Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my Hoe it had a 40 series Flowmaster with dual outlets dumped. It sounded pretty damn good but too loud for my wife and newborn baby. So I had dual pipes ran out the back with a nice stainless tip. Well it improved the loudness in the cab as far as just cruising around town, but when you hit 72-75 mph the drone is terrrible. I have been looking at the Magnaflow 12888 muffler to replace the Flow with and I hear they have virtually no drone at any speeds. Are there any other muffers that have no drone but still sound good? I have always been partial to Flowmaster but my current setup just isn't practical.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster (from what ive read and heard) arent very good for the LS series GM engines. Hinder power due to the baffle design.
Go with Magnaflow or Borla.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster (from what ive read and heard) arent very good for the LS series GM engines. Hinder power due to the baffle design.
Go with Magnaflow or Borla.

that sounds too odd...exhaust is exhaust, how would a muffler know it's an LS based engine :)

Magnaflow, or Borla, rumble, but not loud.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds too odd...exhaust is exhaust, how would a muffler know it's an LS based engine :)

Magnaflow, or Borla, rumble, but not loud.

nah, not that in particular. I mean, something about the flow or lack of, found in flowmaster mufflers hinders performance.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i say sell the baby and wife problem solved. Lol just kidding.

Ive been partial to flowmaster myself but i think im going to go with magnaflow on the new setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx