Tunning and dealership issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after tuning your truck and then setting it back to stock to say taking it to the dealership for some work on it any issues with the dealership saying it's been tuned or anything like that?

I have an extended warranty on my 2012 Yukon SLT that my dealership thru in as part of a program with Navy Federal Credit Union for Vets.

Don't want anything to come up after I tune and turn off my AFM and then set it back to stock for a dealership fix.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the scenario, I can't see it as a problem. If it's only AFM shut off, they probably won't even notice. It's not everyday that computer updates need to be done. They look for codes, etc. One thing toggled off probably won't even show up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after tuning your truck and then setting it back to stock to say taking it to the dealership for some work on it any issues with the dealership saying it's been tuned or anything like that?

I have an extended warranty on my 2012 Yukon SLT that my dealership thru in as part of a program with Navy Federal Credit Union for Vets.

Don't want anything to come up after I tune and turn off my AFM and then set it back to stock for a dealership fix.
I have taken mine to the dealer more than a few times with a tune installed. no issue they don't even see it.
so unless you are trying to make it go into v4 mode and it has a tune to prevent that then you have nothing to worry about, they don't "check" it

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured as such. Just wanted to make sure was all.
I figured it was the same as my 2015 Silverado 2500HD and it's tuning process and putting it back to stock and being no trace of it.

My plan is to finish tuning my Silverado, then buy the extra auto license and get to work on the Yukon with a custom tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx