Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
I know folks have certain opinions about turbo V6s but the 3.5L eco boost I have in my truck (same as what goes in the expedition I believe) throws me back HARD in my seat when I hit the gas with purpose. Like makes me nervous at some times the with the rocket like boost at 400hp and 500lb feet of torque. I also average over 20mpg and have achieved 25mpg on a few highway road trips. I’d actually love if they offered something similar in the Yukon as standard.
I've heard good things about the engine but I just wish they gave options like they do with the F150's that way people can choose what they want instead of being forced into just 1. Maybe one day they will start to dabel in the turbo diesel relm as well... one can only hope.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had a redesign for the 2022 edition. I'm not sure what the 21's looked like but the 22's are actually pretty nice. I have a 17 F250 Platinum and you are right about those being outdated. Definitely an upgrade for interior design between my truck and the Expedition.

One other thing I should note. It kept freaking out when I tried to get on it hard whilst in cruise control. Not sure if it was CC related, but it threw a CEL and went into limp mode for a few seconds until I backed off. I actually thought it was about to shut down on me and strand me, but it all went away when I backed off the throttle and coasted for a few hundred yards. It happened a couple of times. Car only has a few k miles on it. I don't think there was anything wrong with it, I just don't think it likes to be driven aggressively. It wasn't a good thing tho ... one minute I was going 80 passing someone next thing you know I almost got run over because it almost shut down on me on the fast lane.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting a bit if I need to order one, but we placed our order for the yukon in October and it still hasn't been accepted yet. I get the constraint and chip issues but if Ford can get these out quicker, then GM might start to see their sales slip if people can't wait. We have our 3rd kid coming in July so time is crunching now for us.
That is a long time to wait. I had the same need as you and the order I placed in November never was accepted. I was looking at every Tahoe coming in to dealerships around me and got lucky to find the RST I have.
I can get into a Yukon that I want, not one with barely any options just to have one.
paying this much for a vehicle, it should certainly have every option you want. When I saw the constraints getting worse each week, I was close to giving up and just waiting for the 23s

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
That is a long time to wait. I had the same need as you and the order I placed in November never was accepted. I was looking at every Tahoe coming in to dealerships around me and got lucky to find the RST I have.

paying this much for a vehicle, it should certainly have every option you want. When I saw the constraints getting worse each week, I was close to giving up and just waiting for the 23s
It's a crazy time we live in not only in the vehicle purchasing world. Unfortunately for us we need a new vehicle and we are house hunting as well... keep us in your prayers lol

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people say, "No way I'm paying that" and "I'll wait it out" but many people NEED a vehicle and need one right now due to various valid reasons.
Look for the best deal you can, but have to do what you have to do to keep your family going. No shame in switching brands or buying what's available even if it isn't perfect... Good luck...

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concerning Expedition Vs.Yukon: go look at the expedition website you'll be back.

Edit: should read expedition forum

Last edited:

Cryptocap

Reaction score
It's a crazy time we live in not only in the vehicle purchasing world. Unfortunately for us we need a new vehicle and we are house hunting as well... keep us in your prayers lol
Wow!! I certainly will. That is a stressful time. Gave me deja vu, I was doing that a few years ago, pre Covid though, so doesn’t compare to how difficult it is now. Good luck and just take it one day at a time!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other thing I should note. It kept freaking out when I tried to get on it hard whilst in cruise control. Not sure if it was CC related, but it threw a CEL and went into limp mode for a few seconds until I backed off. I actually thought it was about to shut down on me and strand me, but it all went away when I backed off the throttle and coasted for a few hundred yards. It happened a couple of times. Car only has a few k miles on it. I don't think there was anything wrong with it, I just don't think it likes to be driven aggressively. It wasn't a good thing tho ... one minute I was going 80 passing someone next thing you know I almost got run over because it almost shut down on me on the fast lane.
LOL, i agree and would wait for the new Yukon. Its probably just a few more months wait and given that people keep their cars for years, the Yukon will be worth the wait.

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
LOL, i agree and would wait for the new Yukon. Its probably just a few more months wait and given that people keep their cars for years, the Yukon will be worth the wait.
My only problem is there isn't much waiting left I can do. My 3rd child is due in July and it's not going to be very easy getting the whole family into a F250. My plan is if I can't get into the Yukon before the Expedition is build, I'll keep the Expedition for a couple years and trade that in for the current model year Yukon. Ultimately we will be in one eventually, just a sucky time to be in the market for anything right now.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
My only problem is there isn't much waiting left I can do. My 3rd child is due in July and it's not going to be very easy getting the whole family into a F250. My plan is if I can't get into the Yukon before the Expedition is build, I'll keep the Expedition for a couple years and trade that in for the current model year Yukon. Ultimately we will be in one eventually, just a sucky time to be in the market for anything right now.
That couple years will put you at the refreshed 2024 model. Which should have super cruise at the minimum. Alot of those optional features will become standard. Tech will get improvements. You won’t be rushed to pick what is available. Not bad at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby