Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a crazy time we live in not only in the vehicle purchasing world. Unfortunately for us we need a new vehicle and we are house hunting as well... keep us in your prayers lol
Buy your house before you buy your vehicle, could affect what you qualify for on your mortgage. Housing is way out of sight and people are crazy purchases.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concerning Expedition Vs.Yukon: go look at the expedition website you'll be back.
There's nothing on the Ford Expedition website that would make me rule out an Expedition over a Yukon.

1646073518249.png

1646073529490.png

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Buy your house before you buy your vehicle, could affect what you qualify for on your mortgage. Housing is way out of sight and people are crazy purchases.
The need for a vehicle outweighs the house. We are more trying to see what we can do with a house but we are able to wait another year if need be.

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Sorry my slip. I was thinking of the Expedition forum concerning quality problems. Just one man's opinion.
I'm not trying to go to bat for the Expedition but you will get quality problems with any manufacturer you look at. I've been frequenting their forum and there's a lot of good things being said about it. Honestly, I really would prefer the Yukon but I just can't keep waiting and to top it off they keep pulling out features because of the chip issues.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry my slip. I was thinking of the Expedition forum concerning quality problems. Just one man's opinion.
Yeah I'm on there as well. Just waiting for more people to take delivery and review the 2022 Expedition.

stevedonato

Reaction score
I was just at the Portland, OR auto show and Ford had a sticker on all of their vehicles saying if you did a test drive that day you'd get a $1500 voucher and you could add that to the current $1000 rebate for a custom order. It didn't seem like there were many restrictions other than models like the F150 Lightning, Shelby GT500, etc.

Not sure if Ford's production part situation is better than GM's? Either way, Ford seems to be getting aggressive with pushing the custom build process. From what I've gathered lurking on the Expedition forum, Ford has a much better portal for you to check on the status of your build.
Parts shortages is why we neeed to tell the manufactures if they must have cheap labor move all manufacturing in China to India. A good allie that speaks fluent English, the same or lower labor rates, Smarter people, and not communists.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts shortages is why we neeed to tell the manufactures if they must have cheap labor move all manufacturing in China to India. A good allie that speaks fluent English, the same or lower labor rates, Smarter people, and not communists.
It's happening. In my day job, many of my suppliers have already, or are in the process of moving their production out of China. Also, on a personal level I have bought various items over the last couple of years and I always look to see where it's manufactured. The most shocking one was an Oral-B toothbrush that said "Made in USA."

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO POLITICS OF ANY KIND OR SOME HERE WILL BE ON VERY LONG VACATION!

Consider this a warning.

YhEnThAlPy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My only problem is there isn't much waiting left I can do. My 3rd child is due in July and it's not going to be very easy getting the whole family into a F250. My plan is if I can't get into the Yukon before the Expedition is build, I'll keep the Expedition for a couple years and trade that in for the current model year Yukon. Ultimately we will be in one eventually, just a sucky time to be in the market for anything right now.

I left some comments in another thread. I actually ordered 22 expedition timberline instead of Chevy Tahoe Z71. Other than the V8 engine, expy seems to be a better kids friendly/family car and it costs less. (At least in my area where all GM dealers have markups)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby