Factory amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im replacing my radio with an aftermarket one and rear speakers with 6x9s i want to use the factry amp for them .is there a special way to wire it or should it just come on when new radio installed

HiTechRedNeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, I think he's talking about the GM Factory installed amp that is used when your vehicle gets upgraded to the premium radio. according to the build sheet, my tahoe has one...

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im replacing my radio with an aftermarket one and rear speakers with 6x9s i want to use the factry amp for them .is there a special way to wire it or should it just come on when new radio installed

On mine, I had to hook up the trucks blue(power ant) wire to +12v to get my rear speakers to work, which I read(somewhere) was not just the power ant(which I don't have, so I initially didn't bother hokking up), it was also the power to the factory amp.

As soon as I applied power to it the rear speakers started to work.

Hope this helps.

chris.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You must hook up a power source from your new deck, i reccommend the blue/white stripe one. Hook that up to the pink one on your factory harness. GL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road