Factory tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xd21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just bought a 98 Tahoe last month and it has the hitch reciever and wires dangling down but how do i know if its from the factory? i have a key for the pin that locks in the ball mount and it has a small black cover just like the oem ignition key does so i was thinking that maybe this was a factory option. well the pin and the key is from Master Lock. pretty cool piece actually.

also what does the factory package include trans cooler, different gear ratio, plug under dash for trailer brake and things like that?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, you can look on the wires in the rear, see if they ride up the frame rail and are in loom.
You can run the VIN and see what options it had, like gear ratio,etc.
Can you see through the grill, in front of the radiator is there a seperate cooler up front?

OP
OP
X

xd21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes it has a cooler located on the passenger side behind grill, where could i check with the VIN

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Look at your RPO codes, should see "Z78" or "Z82", dont exactly remember which off the top of my head.

OP
OP
X

xd21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im gonna have to wait for a few weeks for that info until i see my Tahoe again, i live in MD but the truck is in NY at the moment. when i go back ill get the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23